Friends many of your PC/laptop's normally gets virus because of Pen Drives or USB devices (Even PC's who are not connected to network ). Some Virus like Ravmon Virus , Heap41a worm which are not detected by anti virus normally spreads mostly by the Pen Drives . In such a case what can you do to prevent your PC from getting infected with Virus that spreads through USB devices or Pen Drives ?
You can protect your PC by just following the simple steps below . It won't take much time.
- Connect your Pen Drive or USB drive to your computer .
- Now a dialogue window will popup asking you to choose among the options as shown in the figure. Don't choose any of them , Just simply click Cancel.
- *Now go to Start--> Run and type cmd to open the Command Prompt window .
- *Now go to My Computer and Check the Drive letter of your USB drive or Pen Drive . ( E.g. If it is written Kingston (I:) , then I: will be the drive letter .)
- *In the Command Window ( cmd ) , type the drive letter: and Hit Enter .
- *Now type dir/w/o/a/p and Hit Enter
- *You will get a list of files . In the list , search if anyone of the following do exist
- 1. Autorun.inf
- 2. New Folder.exe
- 3. Bha.vbs
- 4. Iexplore.vbs
- 5. Info.exe
- 6. New_Folder.exe
- 7. Ravmon.exe
- 8. RVHost.exe or any other files with .exe Extension .
- If you find any one of the files above , Run the command attrib -h -r -s -a *.* and Hit Enter.
- Now Delete each File using the following Command del filename ( E.g del autorun.inf ) .
- That's it . Now just scan your USB drive with the anti virus you have to ensure that you made your Pen Drive free of Virus .
Hey, Folks !
This virus is very very common now...
To know whether ur system is infected just type C:\heap41a in the address bar...
if there is a folder named heap41a, then ur system is infected...